Scott Meridian Fly Rod
The Scott Meridian Fly Rod is one of the most accurate saltwater fly rods on the market. It’s designed with REACT technology for lightness as well as an exceptional line speed and power. By relying on increased recovery speed rather than stiffness to more efficiently transfer energy, Meridian rods help to enable accurate casts at any distance in difficult saltwater conditions.
The Scott Meridian Fly rod is made with new components that resist harsh saltwater environments. The reel seat is milled from aircraft grade aluminum and features self-indexed slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification.
- REACT: ReAct is Scott’s proprietary technology for reducing vibrations and increasing recovery speed. It does this by combining their X-Core design with new materials and tapers. The result is a rod that has extremely high performing, yet retains the feel that we’re all looking for.
- NATURAL FINISH: The Meridian, like all Scott Fly Rods, has a natural finish. That means that the rod isn’t subjected to any sanding to reduce its natural strength, or paint to add weight.
- X-CORE TECHNOLOGY: Enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s most advanced composite technologies with cutting-edge design.
- MIL-SPEC III: The Scott Meridian fly rod follows the S4s with its Mil-Spec III anodized reel seat. Mil-spec is an ultra tough anodize that goes beneath the surface of the aluminum to give the reel seat the ultimate protection against scratches, dents and corrosion.
- ARC: Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- HANDCRAFTED IN THE USA: Built from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado.